Scalable Triple Authenticated Elections by Web and Punch-cards
By using triplicate numbered punch cards for elections that are
authenticated by the three parties with the most to gain out of the
electoral process, it may be feasible to say that there would be less
opportunity for cheating voters, candidates, and the representative
system itself, out of a fair share and benefit from the valuable
electoral process. Here what follows proposes such a process for
evaluation. Please feel free to re-distribute this document with it's
checksum or derive any works from it.
Pre-vote (2 phases during 1 month plus advance submission window):
[voter choose your team]
There are so many potential candidates, yet only one position to fill.
By having a pre-season, this narrows the race to the most endorsed
candidates for duties as your government representative, without relying
on parties and special interest to choose them for you. The final vote
part below can still work without a pre-vote, however, with this method
new coalitions formed will be more-so weighted towards issues vs.
entrenched special interest. Here is the to-do list:
- Video: Submit 10 minute video /w your platform, an
image(for web), and a registrant web-form to registrar. The form
will have details on desired formats for the a/v requirement(eg:
- Web: All potential candidate names appear on an official web
site before the middle of the submission window.
- Endorsements: Submit a pre decided 1 endorsement or a growing 2%
of total number of candidates endorsements using printed
For large numbers of candidates, the number of endorsements
needed to enter is possibly raised off an estimate during the
second half of the submission window to limit the number of
candidates to a maximum number. For the sponsors, if phase 2
were alloted 2 weeks, this would leave 8am to 10pm = 14 hours
* 5 candidates per hour = 140 * 10 min spots for registered
media to present platform submissions. 10 * 14 selection
boxes would then appear on the pre-vote punch-card set while
a separate sheet would be needed to list all the names for
- Endorsement has name and contact and id of endorsing
- One endorsement only per citizen is allowed.
- *Number of endorsements will not stop special
interest stacking candidates, however in large
constituencies, it would reduce the number of candidates
who stood no chance of winning.
- Note: All endorsements must be received by the close of
submission processing window.
- Note: During phase 2, video's of endorsed candidates appear on
web for streaming individually, and for downloading as the full
source. In larger constituencies, the full video source may be
quite large, so the option of a highly compressed full version
should also be down-loadable.
- Minimum air's all endorsed candidates video's during daytime
- May further redistribute and reformat candidate video's.
- May watch videos online, or download full copy.
- By web-form, mail, or in person register to vote.
- Receive 2 triplicate punch-cards by mail or in person from a
bingo ball mixer at the registrar. The bingo ball makes sure
that no-one knows the unique coded number on your vote. Both
triplicate cards have all the candidates names but one is marked
pre-vote and one is marked final vote. For large numbers of
candidates, pre-vote card has numbered boxes, and candidate names
come on separate paper.
- At the end of pre-vote window, vote for one candidate, or each
desired candidate(distributed voting), by punching pre-vote card
with a hole-punch and submitting them at the pre-vote finals
registrar. Distributed voting for fewer candidates or one only
increases the concentration of the vote('s), while voting for more
candidate's dilutes each vote evenly.
- card 1 Favorite candidate copy (has coded number,
possibly voter name/contact)
- Optionally sign/provide contact info, and
then mail to your favorite candidate(their
mailing address appears beside their name, or on
back). This card must be submitted for vote to
be counted and verified, but not necessarily
signed nor addressed. If signed with contact
info, candidate will mail/email u a postcard
with verification of your votes, saying that
they received a vote from you, meaning that
the single or multiple votes on your card are
- card 2 Voter copy (has coded number).
- Keep for anonymous web or in person
verification of your vote(s). If for some
reason the candidate fails to register your
vote(s), you will have a certain amount of
time to have your vote counted, and the
candidate contacted by the registrar.
- *Special interest will become obvious,
and with the same platform, their voters
would be distributed. Any clear winner
within a group of seemingly identical
candidates, would stand out. Near identical
platforms will find only one winner, while a
single candidate with a popular platform could
win on voters casting a single vote.
- card 3 Election office copy (anonymous, has coded
number, unverified votes thrown out)
- you place it in ballot bingo ball (a see
thru mixer with a crank and hatch for enhancing
privacy and transparency) after showing id.
A voter only driver's license might be mandated
by government for this purpose.
Final vote:(determinate period) [vote for your favorite]
The pre-vote has now completed (if mandated).
All final candidates now play-off against each other to win
the seat as your representative in government.
The to-do list is as follows:
- Minimum airs full equal time debate between all final vote
- May further redistribute and reformat debate material.
- May watch debate or download full copy.
- card 1 Favorite candidate copy
(has coded number, possibly voter
- Mail to favorite final vote
candidate for re-verification
(optionally signed with your
contact info). Candidate will
email/mail you with verification
of vote and their contact info.
If your favorite final vote
candidate wins, candidate may
also propose to have your further
feedback as a constituent lea-son.
You may accept if you are willing
to represent your constituency
on behalf of your candidate,
regarding give and take
adjustments on issue position's.
- card 2 Voter copy (has coded number)
- Keep for anonymous web or
in person verification of your
- card 3 Election office copy
(anonymous, has coded number,
unverified votes thrown out).
- You place it in ballot bingo
ball after showing id.
You can print this test case example
form and try this yourself at home for any
issue. See the link:
Triple Authenticated Elections by Web and
After the vote's are cast, a webpage listed
on the back of the triplicate vote card will
appear on the Internet. Here is an example.
Web verification page
When voting, instead of a bingo ball where everyone arrives at leisure
on election day, a different, even more authenticated method may be used,
thus producing legal physical evidence of the vote result. For important
elections this may be best.
- An election day holiday is declared for a national or local
- Everyone shows up during a specified window of time at many
impromptu locations, also theaters, ballparks, and anywhere where
there is an entrance with a separate exit.
- By the entrance is an id check and at the exit is a vote taker
machine with a 7 segment display that increments as each vote is taken.
Once you enter you may change to your disguise(if u are a celebrity for
- Entertainment, events, final speeches and vendors, may be present
there and afterwards (if the vote counting machines can estimate a
- Everybody brings video cellphones and digital cameras to assure all
of the voters are in known location's at the same time producing legal
- Once the entrance closes at vote time the exiting voters place
their vote while the last voter will see the exact number of votes
taken at that location, and then document's this number.
- Along with this voter's may pad privacy by using the abstain
selection on the punch-card if there is no-one that they like, or may
wear a disguise too.
- Pre-vote supporters can be approached for support,
- Any coalition on issues is backed by supporter give
and take views.
- Constituents remain informed and may rally for your
- Other candidates backing your supporter's issues are
known(from pre-vote punch card's with more than one vote);
they can be approached for further collaboration.
- A trophy shelf can hold all your vote's beside other
awards and accreditations.
- Record of platform, debate, result(votes on issues).
For important issues the back of the final vote verification
card can encapsulate the candidates platform.
- Stake in give and take on issues(you become the 'party').
- Any coalition on issues is backed by supporter give and
- More widely distributed direct support.
- Your constituency remains informed and may rally for
- For time in office, all votes on all issues
- Bingo style punch-card dispensers and sorters.
- Vote taking machines with seven segment displays
(these may need to be ganged together with smaller
displays always summing up to the number on the largest
- Punch card readers.
- Punch card printers.
- Web services.
- Official duties.
- Punch card reader/scanner/guaranteed official record recorder
(smaller constituency could buy one for use at registrar).
this page last edited 14Apr15